Optional Items and Add-Ons are a YouLi feature that allows you to make Itinerary Items opt-in for your travelers.
You can make a Highlight or Itinerary Item Optional with just a click of a button.
There are two types of Optional Items:
- Add-on prepaid prior to trip: a price is required and will be added to the traveler invoice when selected. (as of 1.85, March 2020)
- Hot Air Balloon Ride +$500
- All Inclusive Option +$2000
- Single Supplement +500
- Discount for Early Bird -$250 with response due date set to expiration of Early Bird Offer
- Free or pay on the day: a description of any cost (could be FREE) will be displayed to the traveler, but it will NOT change the price on the invoice.
- FREE night tour of markets
- Group lunch, not included, bring cash
- Extra coaching session, pay in cash based on coach's rate/availability
- Optional hike, bring cash for guide tip US$25 each
What does an Optional Item look like for the traveler?
Optional Items look similar to included Highlights & Itinerary Items.
The ONLY difference is that there is a checkbox in the right upper corner, where they can click to select or de-select it for themselves and their invitation group.
When you make a Highlight or Itinerary Item Optional, your traveler has the option to respond YES, NO or clear their response.
It looks slightly different on the Invoice:
And on the Itinerary
Here is what an Optional Item (not an Add-on) shown on Highlights looks like:
Discover how you can default your optional item to selected when your traveler registers on your trip.
Can a traveler select different responses for the same Add-on for different members of their invitation group?
Not at this time. Right now, all members of the same invitation group get the Add-on if it is selected by any member of the invitation group.
This is on the roadmap to be fixed soon.
Can a traveler select an Add-on after they pay their deposit?
Yes! They can select an add-on as long as the due date for the item and the Close Registrations for the trip have not passed.
How do I make a Highlight or Itinerary Item Optional?
When you create a new Item or edit an existing Item, you will see a box underneath the Start Date & End Date where you can set the ITEM PRICE.
Select the type of optional that you need for this item:
When one of your travelers selects an optional item, you will see their response. Click on the number of responses to see who has responded, export the list and send them personalised messages.
PLUS, did you know you can manually message the travelers on your optional items? Check it out here in our help video: How To Send a Manual Message To Travelers on Optional Items