YouLi enables you to push payments recorded on your YouLi trips to Xero. Xero is bookkeeping software to help you reconcile your fees and keep your books in order for tax and business purposes.
With YouLi + Xero Integration, you can select which payment to push to Xero and YouLi automatically creates an Invoice so your bookkeeper simply matches the invoices to the bank feeds.
NOTE: Mar 2021: We are now using OAuth 2.0 for more security and functionality. So you only need to grant permission once for the first connection.
This is a PREMIUM feature, open a ticket to request access.
Pushing Payments to Xero
Next time you'd like to reconcile your trip payments in Xero, click into the trip that you would like to reconcile, then:
- Click MANAGE PAYMENTS
- Click the PAYMENTS sub-tab
- Select the payments you want to create invoices in Xero for
- Click "PUSH TO XERO"
- Connect to Xero and then watch as the payments are pushed to invoices in Xero. This will include the payment gateway fees so you know how much you paid
- and can claim back the GST in Australia!!
Here is our How-To Push YouLi Payments to Xero Video that walks through the payment from a travelers point of view, pushing that payment as the Planner from YouLi to Xero, and how to approve & match that invoice in Xero to the bank statement that comes in:
I am prompted to use an authenticator app, but I don't have one
Xero requires 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) when integrating with apps like us. So you will need to configure an Authenticator App to complete the connection. Follow the instructions provided by Xero and then try connecting again.
I keep getting the error 'duplicate'.
This likely means that you already have pushed that invoice to Xero. Log into Xero to make changes to the invoice directly in Xero.
What does the error 'organisation is not subscribed to currency ---' mean?
This means that the payment you pushed is not in the same currency as your Xero account is configured to support.
- The quickest solution is to add the currency to your Xero account (may cost extra)
- If your trip currency is the same as Xero but your payment gateway currency is different, then you might encounter this error when pushing credit card payments. In this case: Change your payment gateway to settle into the same currency as your Xero account to avoid this error.
NOTE: Once you begin accepting payments on a trip, you cannot change the Trip currency.
Why can't I see the option to push to Xero in Manage Payments?
If you click to the PAYMENTS tab and don't see the blue button, then you may not have it enabled, open a ticket to request access.
If you are a Co-Planner on a trip (not part of the team that owns the trip) then you will not be allowed to push to Xero.
If you are a bookkeeper and need to be able to push, be sure to ask your client to add you as a Team Member. Otherwise, you will not have permission to push.