This is an Enterprise integration option. If you're interested in this functionality, open a ticket to ask for more information.
What does it do
This feature allows you to integrate a custom cruise deck plan (example shown below) and have the links mapped to a YouLi Trip Page for automatic booking of specific cabins and then provide back confirmation of the booking so the cabin will "close out" on the deck plan and show as "Booked".
This ensures your inventory management not only on YouLi but also on the deck plan software without any manual intervention once it is setup.
Adding a new Cruise with a Deck Plan
Once your account has been configured and your first cruise is launched, you can easily add future cruises without any extra integration work.
There is nothing that the YouLi support team need to do if all the following steps are done correctly.
- Create the Trip in YouLi (in an account with this feature enabled)
- Add all of the Packages onto the trip using the Cabin Category names as Package Names
- These names must MATCH EXACTLY, spaces and parentheses included, to the names that come from the deck plan
- Make the Trip public
- Copy the public link from the SHARE LINK popup. It should look something like this:
- Provide that link to your website admin who manages your deck plan to link from the cabins
- Web admin should add these parameters to the end of the public link
- No affiliate code
- Affiliate code provided
- Update the deck plan and then test it
- Clicking from the deck plan should automatically pass the cabin number through and the category so the traveler can book it after they register
- Update your trip to include the External Landing Page link
- The important thing is to include the [AffiliateCode] parameter so that YouLi will provide the right code when Affiliates copy the share link from their YouLi dashboard.
- That link will look something like this:
When I change cabins, the selected category/package does not change
Be sure you are using an Incognito window (or Private) or have logged out of your YouLi account BEFORE testing.
The best option is to use a browser that you don't use to login to YouLi.
If that does not solve the problem, check your parameters as shown above to be sure the Package parameter is being passed from the deck plan.
How do I know that my cabin number is being captured?
When testing, click a cabin from the deck plan, then register when prompted.
You will then see the payment and ability to select different packages, the room will be shown below the selected package if it was passed correctly. See image below.
If there is no value shown after "ROOM:" then the information was not passed correctly (see above).
Sometimes the room is not being captured because the pricing package name is not matched EXACTLY (see below).
The selected cabin category is not matching the YouLi Pricing Package
If, after clicking on a particular cabin from the deck plan and registering on the Trip Page, the desired category is not showing as the right pricing package, it could be a name mismatch.
The names must be identical, including spaces.
So watch out for things like the issue shown in the image below, a trailing space (highlighted in blue), could be causing the reason it doesn't match.
FIX: Simply remove the trailing space and save the name, then try again.
How can I test all my cabin categories match the pricing packages?
You can register once, but don't pay, then click back to the deck plan and click another category.
You can keep switching cabins until the booking is completed with a payment.
Ensure that each time you click you see the select category change on the Trip Page
My traveler books, but the cabin is not recorded in YouLi
- Check the "Room" field on the TripBoard for that booking
- If that is not correct, be sure this parameter is in the link from the deck plan with the correct value:
My traveler clicks from the deck plan but they end up on a SOLD OUT option and cannot book
- Ensure the Category name on the deck plan and the Package name in YouLi are exactly the same (spaces and everything)
- If they are, then open a ticket for further support.
My traveler clicks from the deck plan but is not prompted to register
- Ensure this parameter is included in the link from the deck plan to the Trip Page
My traveler books but the cabin is not closed out
- Does your account have cabin close out enabled? This is an Enterprise plan feature
- If you have other working cruises, then be sure the Category name being passed in the Package parameter is EXACTLY the same
- If you have confirmed the Category name on the deck plan and the Package name in YouLi are exactly the same (spaces and everything) then open a ticket for further support.